Monday, July 2, 2012

Bump Day: 20 Weeks & Family Reunion

Josh and I just returned from his family reunion in Gatlinburg, TN. It was a super fun and always too short visit with his family members that we don't get to see very often. Most of my time was spent lounging by the pool where I had my first experience with a maternity swimsuit. Let's just say when we go on vacation in couple of weeks to the beach, this preggo will be busting out the bikini! ;-) Josh spent most of his time trying to keep up with his younger cousins at basketball and tennis. He said after this weekend that he was glad we were having a girl. He was exhausted!


Cousin Kermit, Uncle Mike & Josh 
The best part of the weekend was a complete and total surprise. Josh's family threw us a SURPRISE Baby Shower! It was so sweet and completely unexpected. I'm so glad we got to celebrate Baby Lowe with family that might not have been able to shower this little lady with love otherwise.

We are so blessed! 
Last week was also a big week for Baby Lowe. She had her 20 week anatomy scan and we got to record the entire ultrasound on DVD. I may have watched it a thousand couple of times already. She is a completely healthy baby girl with four heart chambers, all her blood vessels doing their job and she already weighs 11 ounces. She even got the hiccups during the ultrasound and my doctor said that it's pretty uncommon to see that at 20 weeks and it means her nervous system is doing great! My little over achiever. :-) I tried to upload the video (cause I know y'all are dying to watch it) but I couldn't figure it out and I'm too impatient. Nevertheless, I have a couple of pictures from her scan.

20 Weeks - Love her nose and cheeks!
Getting so big! 
Bump Day Survey - 20 Weeks 

  • How far along: 20 Weeks
  • Total weight gain: I've reached double digits - 11 pounds. Even though it makes me cringe, I'm right on track for healthy weight gain! 
  • Gender: A Little Lady
  • Maternity clothes: Yes. It's funny cause when I'm out shopping I forget that I'm pregnant and pick up these super cute dresses and then I'm like...oh wait, that will not fit the bump or the boobs. 
  • Stretch marks: Still none!  
  • Sleep: When will I stop having to pee one, two, three times a night?!
  • Best moment this week: Getting a healthy report from our anatomy scan and our surprise baby shower. 
  • Miss Anything: Nothing at the moment. I'm actually enjoying this time in my pregnancy. Let's hope I didn't just jinx myself. 
  • Movement: She is moving all during the day now and sometimes she gets in a really strong kick that makes me jump! I love it. 
  • Food cravings: Chick-fil-A. I blame this one on a fellow pregnant friend, Whitney, who blogged about her Chick-fil-A cravings. Ever since I read that, I dreamt about it that night, and have been wanting it non-stop ever since. Thanks, Whitney! 
  • Food aversions: Buffalo flavored food. I'm starting to wonder if this child is mine. If you know me, you know I love all things spicy. Buffalo chicken, pizza, sauce, etc. I even put Texas Pete sauce on my popcorn. But this child does not like it one bit. I just have no desire for the stuff. It's kind of weirding me out! 
  • Symptoms: I had my first leg cramp the other morning. It was about 5:30 am and I woke up in horrific pain from a leg cramp in my calf. I told Josh I needed an epidural. Haha! My calf was sore for days afterwards. 
  • Belly Button in or out? Still in, but getting wider and more shallow. 
  • Looking forward to: The second half of my pregnancy. I'm half baked! 
  • Weekly Wisdom: It is completely possible to hysterically laugh and uncontrollably cry because your house isn't clean enough for your unborn child. 

20 Weeks 5 Days pregnant in Gatlinburg.  


2 comments:

  1. "Sleep: When will I stop having to pee one, two, three times a night?! " HAHAHAH. It only gets worse friend. ;)
    Candance, you look amazing! You are SO cute pregnant!(<how could you not be bc you are so cute not pregnant too! ) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your house is much more clean than most mommies.

    ReplyDelete