Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bump Day - 19 Weeks

It looks like I skipped weeks 17 and 18,  so I'll go ahead and blame that on pregnancy brain. I can tell you that during those two weeks we started our baby registries at Babies"R"Us - Baby Registry and Target. Our main registry with all of our big items is at Babies "R" Us and I did a small registry online at Target. Let me tell you, registering is exhausting! It took us over four hours and there may have been a couple of times where I just sat down on the floor in the middle of the aisle! It was a very different experience than registering for wedding gifts. For one, I knew how to use a crock pot when I was registering for one. I'm not sure I know just yet how to use half the items I had to register for to keep this baby happy. And I definitely found it hard to register for bottles, formula and diapers because how do you know which kind your baby will like best?! So I just got them all...haha!

Bump Day Survey -19 Weeks

  • How far along: 19 Weeks 
  • Total weight gain: Still holding strong at 8 pounds
  • Gender: Baby GIRL!
  • Maternity clothes: Still just jeans. I tried a few of my dresses on last night and they have now turned themselves into shirts. ha. 
  • Stretch marks: Nope  
  • Sleep: Sleep has been pretty good. I've been told I'm not suppose to sleep flat on my back, which happens to be the only way I'm comfortable sometimes, so I think I might invest in a pregnancy pillow to see if that helps. 
  • Best moment this week: Feeling her kick on the outside! Josh still hasn't been able to feel her yet though. 
  • Miss Anything: Being able to pull anything out of my closet and wear it...I need to go shopping! 
  • Movement: Yes! She kicks mostly at night and early in the morning...like at  5:30 AM. I guess she is preparing me for early mornings already. 
  • Food cravings: Baked potato and cucumbers. I have literally eaten this every night for dinner for the past two weeks. 
  • Food aversions: Nothing really comes to mind.  
  • Symptoms: I've actually been feeling pretty great! I did go to the doctor last week after I called and told them I was having an intense pressure in my pelvic area. I felt like the baby was going to fall out of me. My doctor wanted to check me because at this stage in my pregnancy those are symptoms of an "incompetent cervix". Thankfully, everything look great and Baby Girl just had her head directly pushing on my uterus and that was causing my pain. Let's hope that's not an indicator of the size of her head. ;-)
  • Belly Button in or out? In, but definitely getting more shallow. I can actually see the bottom of it now...weird. 
  • Looking forward to: Our Anatomy Scan at our 20 week appointment next Thursday. We get to bring a DVD to record the entire ultrasound! 
  • Weekly Wisdom: Pushing out your baby bump can get you just as many things as pushing out your boobs. :-)
19 Weeks

Baby Bump Bonding

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! A pregnancy pillow is great, but mine made me so hot. You can try a regular pillow under your belly and it works just as well! :) Great update!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! She is really growing! that bump is a BUMP now! Love it, glad you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the update! And glad baby is ok! Good job on only gaining 8 lbs so far. :)
    Get u that body pillow....it was a life saver for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your weekly wisdom! hahahahaha!!!! you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete