Monday, July 9, 2012

Bump Day Blog: 21 Weeks

This past week of pregnancy has been pretty uneventful. I've just been counting down the days until VACATION! We are leaving Friday morning heading down to Valdosta and then on Saturday we will be on our way to St. George Island to spend an entire week at a beautiful beach house! I can't wait to read a book on the beach, nap and eat good food. That will be the extent of how my time and energy will be spent. I'm most excited about going with my bestest friend, Kim and her family. The last time Kim and I were at the beach together was for my bachelorette party. I'm sure this beach trip be a little different than the last one. Haha!

Kim & Can - Bachelorette Beach Trip 2009

Bump Day Survey - 21 Weeks

  • How far along: 21 Weeks
  • Total weight gain: I haven't been on the scale since my last doctor's appointment, so I'll still say 11 pounds. My next doctor's appointment is the week we get back from the beach, so after eating my weight in seafood (the pregnancy approved kind) I'm not going to be too excited to see the results. 
  • Gender: Team Pink 
  • Maternity clothes: I officially can't wear anything in my closet anymore. Depressing for me, good for my mom who raided my closet when she was here last week. ;-)
  • Stretch marks: Not yet, but my skin is starting to get super tight so I better start buttering up.  
  • Sleep: Still sleeping, still peeing. 
  • Best moment this week: Josh finally got to feel her kick! For the past couple of weeks every time Josh would put his hand on my stomach she would completely stop moving. So the other night Josh talked to my belly and said "I will be buy you pretty things if you kick for me." And BAM, she kicked! I think we are in trouble now...haha! 
  • Miss Anything: I'm sure I will be missing margaritas while we are at the beach, but at least I don't have to suck in my stomach! 
  • Movement: Tons! She is either a gymnast or a soccer player for sure. 
  • Food cravings: None really...still eating Chick-fil-A though. 
  • Food aversions: Still buffalo flavored food. 
  • Symptoms: I officially know why they say don't lay flat on your back. It now feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest and I get out of breath a lot easier too. 
  • Belly Button in or out? Still in. 
  • Looking forward to: The beach!! Once we get back from the beach we are full on baby mode!  
  • Weekly Wisdom: Strangers will ask what you are naming your baby...don't tell them! Speaking of baby names, I still can't decide if I will do a blog post on our baby girl's name or not. It's not a secret, but it's also not Facebook/blog public either. Thoughts?
21 Weeks 6 Days


1 comment:

  1. We didn't tell anyone because we didn't want anyone to "steal" her name before we could use it :)

    Love the update!

    ReplyDelete