Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bump Day Blog: 22 - 24 Weeks

Apparently going on vacation and trying to get back in the swing of things has thrown off my blogging. I know y'all have been on pins and needle for another bump updated. haha! Since I just went to the doctor yesterday for my 24 week appointment, I've decided to combine that update in this blog post as well. So for a little catch up...

We all had a great time at the beach! However, being at the beach six months pregnant is a little different than I expected. I can usually stay on the beach from sun up to sun down, but this time I was done after just a couple of hours. Mostly I would go up around lunch time just to take a break and was too tired to go back down. Plus, no matter how much sunscreen I put on my belly, it was the only thing getting sun. Especially my belly button. Weird! So I did what any and all pregnant women do...eat and take naps. It was glorious!

23 weeks in St. George Island
I had my 24 week appointment this week and everything was perfect. There was no ultrasound, just a weight check, measuring my stomach and listening to the heartbeat on the doppler. I have a doppler at home so that part wasn't too exciting for me, but always good to hear a healthy heartbeat nonetheless. I  also was given the yucky drink I've heard so much about for the gestational diabetes test I take at my next appointment. I'm so not looking forward to downing this drink in five minutes or less. I'm not good with stuff like that at all and I'm so afraid I'm going to throw it up! Lastly, I was handed a folder with all of my hospital registration papers and information about baby classes. I can't believe it's time for me to register at the hospital! Lord willing I won't have any sort of pre-term labor, but I guess it's good to have all the paperwork complete just in case. We are definitely going to take a tour of the hospital and also one of the Baby Essential classes as well. 


I finally broke down a bought a Snoogle pillow. See below how well that's going. :-)

Josh passed out with my Snoogle. He doesn't know I took this pic. Oops. 

Bump Day Survey: 24 Weeks

  • How far along: 24 Weeks
  • Total weight gain: I got weighed at the doctor this week and I've gained a total of 16 lbs. I gained 5 lbs between my last two appointments! My doctor said my weight gain is completely on track and was actually happy about the 5 lbs and was impressed it wasn't more since just coming back from vacation. It's still weird to see numbers on a scale I've never seen in my life before. I guess baby girl had a growth spurt! 
  • Gender: All Girl
  • Maternity clothes: My mom bought me a few maternity pieces and I love them. I was having a hard time breaking down and buying myself new clothes and so she treated me. Thanks, mom! Don't worry Dad, it was all on sale. 
  • Stretch marks: None so far! 
  • Sleep: I'm sleeping fine, it's Josh who is having trouble. He says I toss and turn all night long and my snoring has now turned into a growl. The snoogle has helped with that a little bit since it keeps my head elevated. 
  • Best moment this week: Getting our nursery fabric in. My mother in law is going to make us a three tiered ruffle crib skirt and I'm so excited about it! 
  • Miss Anything: I was super jealous of all the fun frozen drinks at the beach. 
  • Movement: We officially have a wiggle worm. I can now see her move on the outside of my stomach! Weird and amazing at the same time. 
  • Food cravings: I randomly had to have Burger King last week. 
  • Food aversions: Still buffalo flavored food. 
  • Symptoms: Lower back pain, heartburn and shortness of breath. I don't know what I will be like at full term....geesh! 
  • Belly Button in or out? Still in but getting wider and more shallow.  
  • Looking forward to: Crib shopping this weekend! 
  • Weekly Wisdom: "It will all get done, it will all get done." This is what I have to keep repeating to myself when I start to hyperventilate over finding a pediatrician, getting the nursery done, showers, getting my house clean and organized...I could go on forever. I seriously felt my blood pressure rise just typing these things out! 
Sneak peak of nursery fabric
24 weeks 3 days
Comparison from 21 weeks to 24 weeks. See any difference? 

2 comments: