Monday, October 22, 2012

Long Overdue Bump Day Update: 36 Weeks

I've officially awarded myself the worst blogger ever award. I had good intentions on doing weekly posts, but that just didn't happen. However, now that I'm at the end of my pregnancy I really want to track that last few weeks and give an overview of the past few months. So I guess the easiest way to catch up is just to do a bullet point update. So here it goes.


  • I passed my gestational diabetes test but I did have to take it twice. Not because I failed the first time, but because I puked up the entire drink in the doctor's parking lot before my appointment. I think it had to do with it being the morning time and I had an empty stomach. The second time I took the test I made sure to do it in the afternoon so I could at least have something in my stomach. 
  • I was told I was anemic and have been taking a prescription iron supplement. I assumed as so because I was eating ice by the buckets. I mean my mouth literally watered for ice! 
  • I had five, yes five baby showers (one was a surprise though). I feel so, so, so blessed for all the baby love that Finley got, however, all those showers were definitely exhausting. I'm still trying to catch up on thank you notes. I'm thinking next time we have one big shower and be done! 
  • The nursery is just about complete. The only thing I have left to do is hang her mirror and her bow tree. Yes, she has a tree that all her bows hang on. It's precious. 
  • I was sick (just now recovering, really) for about a month with an upper respiratory infection, tonsillitis and yucky viral infection. I didn't think I would ever get well. We even had to cancel our maternity pictures because I was back in the ER the night before making sure I didn't have meningitis. Kelly if you read this...so sorry we had to cancel. Thank you for being so accommodating with wanting to travel to Macon and meet us. 
  • My parents sold their house in Valdosta to move up here to be closer to us. They have been looking for a house up here for awhile and finally found one....and then right before closing they lost it. Super sad! They have been living with us while house hunting. I do have to say while it's not the most ideal situation right before I'm about to give birth, I definitely would not be as prepared for Finley if it wasn't for them. They have cleaned, organized, painted and basically nested for me these past couple of months. I would be in such a panic if it weren't for their help! 
  • My last day at work is November 2nd and it can't get here fast enough! I'm taking 12 weeks maternity leave. The first 6 weeks are full maternity leave and the second 6 weeks I will start working from home a couple of days per week, really just keeping up with email and staying in touch for my sanity. I won't go back to work full time until February! I feel so blessed to be able to have this much time to spend with Finley. Another plus is when I do go back to work my mom will be keeping her. How amazing is this set-up? I'm definitely not taking any of this for granted! 
Bump Day Survey - 36 Weeks

  • How far along: 36 Weeks
  • Total weight gain: I was up 28 lbs at my 36 week check-up. I'm hoping to stay within the goal of 25 - 30 lbs, however, my appetite this last trimester has been crazy. I can't get enough to eat right now! 
  • Gender: Team Pink 
  • Maternity clothes: Ha, even some of my maternity clothes have gotten too small. Mostly the shirts have just gotten too short to wear. I'm not even comfortable in my maternity jeans anymore. I've been living in yoga pants and when I have to look presentable I wear my maternity leggings and boots. 
  • Stretch marks: I'm proud to say....NOPE! My doctor even commented on how "pristine" my skin was! But I still have a few more weeks to go and I do feel like my stomach can't stretch anymore. 
  • Sleep: Ugh, sleep is getting hard. I toss and turn all night because whatever side I lay on I wake up with my hip throbbing. I've also got a little bit of pregnancy insomnia. If When I get up to pee my mind starts wondering and thinking about things and I can't fall back asleep. 
  • Best moment this week: We took our baby class at the hospital this past Saturday and it was actually pretty fun and very informative. I feel certain Josh can now change a diaper. :-)
  • Miss Anything: I haven't really missed alcohol too much this pregnancy until now. The weather has been so beautiful that all I want to do is sit on the porch with a glass of wine or a salt rimmed frozen margarita. Soon...very soon. 
  • Movement: Goodness, I've got body parts morphing out of my stomach. 
  • Food cravings: Cereal. I ate an entire box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in one day. 
  • Food aversions: Nothing really. 
  • Symptoms: Heartburn and exhaustion. 
  • Labor Signs: This is a fun new category I get to answer! At my 36 week check-up I was dilated 1 full centimeter and 50% effaced and my doctor could feel her head. Which would explain why I have so much pressure and it's painful to walk waddle. My doctor said he really won't know what this means until my next check-up this Thursday to see if I have any progression. I've also been getting a few contractions but they are very irregular. 
  • Belly Button in or out? Still in. 
  • Looking forward to: My 37 week check-up on Thursday to see if I've progressed anymore! I know it doesn't predict labor, but it's just fun to know. 
  • Weekly Wisdom: I have a feeling that Finley will need less than half of all the baby gadgets we have for her. 
If you've manage to read my babble for this long then you get to see a picture of the bump!  It's a comparison picture from 21 - 36 weeks to see how much I've grown. 

Right: 21 Weeks/Left: 36 Weeks
Big Comparison!










2 comments:

  1. candence you look so beautiful. I know you probley don't feel to good but sweety it will be over soon. I wish you and Josh all the happiness in the world. with all my love AUNT MARY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for an update finally!!!! Love the pics too, you are looking great! Can't wait to see pics of her when she comes in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete